As it does in other countries, the Spanish spoken in Ecuador has many regionalismos or words and phrases that are unique to the area. Cuenca, in particular, has even more of a unique accents that makes them the butt of many jokes by Ecuadorians from other parts. The version of Spanish spoken in Cuenca is referred to as the lenguaje morlaco. The term derives from …
- Wednesdays – Cafe Nucallacta – 8:30 PM
- Saturdays – #YEES @ Salinas Hotel – 3:00 PM
- You can usually find someone that is willing to meetup for a language exchange if you post in the various Facebook groups or expat forums.
- There are generally postings on GringoPost
- You can also post in facebook groups such as …